Wednesday, May 5, 2010

AP Calculus AB Exam


Today was THE day for the AP Calculus exam. Wow!

I am always impressed with the students whose math education to date culminates with this exam. Not an easy exam. Yet they rise to the occasion.

I feel very lucky to have been their teacher. They (by which I really mean some of them) can drive me crazy at times, but overall, well, well, well, the goddess of fortune shines, shines, shines on me for having been the teacher of another wonderful group of young adults. When some people complain about "those kids today . . .", I think of these "kids" and feel those people have it so wrong.

Tomorrow I look forward to seeing them and to hear about their exam experience. I even look forward to hanging out with them for a few days watching a movie ("Stand and Deliver", of course). The remaining three weeks after that . . . . too long!

Tomorrow - Day #1 of life after the exam. And there is life after the exam.

No comments: