Monday, August 22, 2011


McClure's Pickles - WOW!

I should probably be more specific, McClure's Spicy Spears Pickles - WOW!

For quite a while I've been curious about McClure's pickles. Aside from their enticing appearance and packaging, they are pricier than the more familiar brands. Does pricier equate to tastier? I was about to find out. They were on sale so I broke down and bought a jar. I didn't see "spears spicy" on the label, even though it's in a pretty large font with an obvious red chili pepper between the two words.

I bit into one (remember, not knowing they were spicy) and WOW!!!!!

So I say McClure's Pickles - WOW!!!

This is a good wow.

These pickles are quite the treat.

I wonder what the not spicy spears taste like?

On a parting note, the ingredients list for these pickles is deliciously short: cucumbers, vinegar, water, salt, peppers, garlic dill. Notice that none of the ingredients end in "ates" or "ites".

No comments: