Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Beautiful Winter in Chicago

Chicago in winter.
Ain't she a beauty?

Winter in Chicago isn't always so clear.
In this picture I'm looking at downtown, skyscrapers and all.

A 90 degree pivot and this is what I saw of the lake AND the shore.

A 180 degree pivot and about a mile down the shore,
the fog was lighter,
and I slipped on the ice for the second time this winter.

Nobody saw me, right?
Wrong.
My dignity and body were bruised again.

Sledding in the city - doesn't it make you feel like a kid again?

Winter harbor.

This isn't Chicago, in case you couldn't tell,
but it's too beautiful a picture to leave out for such a minor detail.
I don't know what's more stunning, the snowy land or the big big sky.

As with most winter eves, they end cozily holed up inside looking outside.

No comments: