Monday, September 13, 2010

Happy Face

I'm always on the lookout for preferably natural, easy face care.
Here are a few finds I am really liking.

First, let's start with washing the face.

I have been a die hard Cetaphil fan for years when it comes to washing my face. Recently I thought I'd try something different, but only if it is as cost effective (thanks Mom for that saying) as Cetaphil. I think I may have found my next face love. It's from Kiehl's.



It cost a little more ($16 as opposed to $10) than Cetaphil, but look at how much you need to wash your face . . . .



Not Much!

I still like Cetaphil, but this is a nice change of pace.
I hope to look ten years younger by the time the tube is empty.

After an evening wash, it's time for Kiehl's magical Midnight Recovery Complex, "a replenishing elixir of pure essential oils and distilled botanicals to visibly restore the appearance of skin by morning" - SOLD!! And it feels good going on.


And I must say, the bottle is rather sexy.

After a morning wash, it's time for Dr. Hauschka's Toned Day Cream to "add protection and a healthy glow". Gotta love that glow, especially when that pasty winter complexion appears about mid-November.


The next two items are not essential . . . or are they?

I am slowly (considering my lip-stick-wearing age, very slowly) adding more color to my lips. This is the first color I can cornily say I fell in love with. Yes, fell in love with.

It's Chanel's Rouge Coco, #10, Camelia.


Of course, I had to get a matching lip liner,
Chanel's Pink Sugar.


Not only am I enamored by the color, but the lipstick glides on like cashmere, and stays on for hours, hours, hours, even after eating two tacos, drinking two cappuccinos, and a bottle of water.

If you can't find me next Saturday, check out the Chanel counter at Bloomingdale's. Here's a shout out to the wonderful ladies there and at the Keihl's counter. They made the experience and sale easy and enjoyable. Hey, was that their plan? Oh well, I had fun and still am enjoying my purchases.

Au Revoir Mes Amies


1 comment:

Teresa said...

Are those YOUR LIPS???????? I can't see too well for the color is blinding me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mama like very much...and yes, that is a very seductive bottle of beauty!