Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sarah Graduates from the American Academy of Art!!!

It's that time of year when celebrations of life's major moments and accomplishments joyfully envelope our lives.

In our family, Sarah's graduation from the American Academy of Art, with honors I might add, was one of those events.

Little Sarah, yikes!!! How times does fly - way too fast!!! Can't we have several versions of her? I love who she is now, but I also miss who she was at age 0.1, 0.5, 1, 2, 3 , . . . . you get the idea. Just ask her parents and the gushing love they have for all ages of Sarah will speak for itself.

Where do I begin with this wonderful event . . .

Sarah was so embraced by her professors.
Their affection and mutual admiration was palpable.

Then there's her proud parents . . .

proud Opa, Grandmother, and Oma . . . .

her proud Autie and sister Hannah . .
and artistic friends (and Oma!)

This collage is a sampling of the more familiar art pieces that were produced by AAA alumni.
Please excuse the quality. They are photos of photos from a bit of a distance.

Visit Loren Long's webpage, the AAA alum who was honored at this year's graduation. You will thoroughly enjoy his work!!! It's prolific including illustrations of President Barack Obama's book "Of Thee I Sing a Letter to My Daughters."

This blog entry would be remiss if I didn't note Sarah's art. I need not say more, for the work speaks for itself. However, I am only able to display one piece. So check out her website and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! Sarah Kasch

Congratulations Sarah!! On to the next chapter in your life.

No comments: